- 2 cups stock (chicken, beef, vegetable....)
- 1 bulb of fennel, about 1 pound
- 1 sliver garlic
- 2 tbsp. chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (or more to-taste)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed (or 1 and 1/2 tsp. fresh)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 quart nonfat yogurt
Clean and slice the fennel bulb, reserving any greens for garnish. Cook the fennel in the stock with the garlic and shallots until soft. Puree in a blender with the lemon juice and zest, and the spices. Strain the puree if you wish a smoother texture.
Combine well with the yogurt and chill. Serve garnished with chopped fennel greens or chopped cilantro.