- 3 cups of butternut squash
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut in quarters
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh raw almond milk (homemade)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of Herbamare seasoning
- 1 tsp of Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot
- Pinch of cayenne (optional, but really good)
In a medium pot, add the squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, shallots, garlic the spices and water. Cook approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Then transfer to a blender and add the almond milk and blend until smooth. Adjust the water or almond milk, if necessary, to get the desired consistency.
About this recipe
Both Spice Hunter and A.Vogel are brands that carry Herbamare. Both brands can be purchased at any health food store.