- 1 pound spaghetti (you can also use fettuccini, angel hair or any long pasta shape)
- 1 cup minced onion (1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups almond or dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup organic tomato paste
- 5 ounces BTTR oyster mushrooms, left whole or sliced
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the pasta in salted water per package instructions. In the meantime, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil with 1 teaspoon of salt over medium heat until completely soft, stirring frequently to avoid browning. Add garlic and cook a few minutes longer.
- In a blender, combine the onion/garlic mixture, milk, nutritional yeast and tomato paste. Process until very smooth, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil and pinch of salt over medium/high heat until soft and browned.
- Toss pasta with the pink sauce, mushrooms and garnish with parsley. Serve hot and creamy!