- 2 green Anjou pears, diced in ¼-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely
- chopped jalapeno
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mild feta cheese or ricotta salata
- Salt to taste
- Baguette or French bread cut in ¼-inch thick slices, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- Whole cilantro leaves for garnish
Toss diced pear with lime juice and let sit a few minutes before adding strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and olive oil.
Just prior to serving, crumble feta cheese into salsa. Taste and season with salt if necessary. Spoon salsa onto toasts and arrange on serving platter. Garnish each crostini with a cilantro leaf.